Monday, October 31, 2005


This is a picture of the village that we stayed in, from the perspective of the stilt house we stayed in. Apparently there are tigers in the surrounding mountains, and all of these structures are stilt, as an important defense against possible attack. Just so you know, I have a lack of pictures of the village and such, because I felt very uncomfortable taking my camera out while exploring. I don't know how else to say it, but I did my best not to take pictures of anything besides us, and landscape, up close. I felt like taking a picture of the houses, and especially the people was somehow not right. The villagers are not animals in a zoo. I know that sounds really wierd, but you know...for serious...how would you feel if some tourists just came and started snapping pictures of you? I'm sure it would have been okay, but I simply didn't feel comfortable....so a lot of my amazing memories, I can't share with you effectively on blogspot, since the pictures are only in my mind. But here is the village in a general sensel, and you can imagine it up close as you will.... Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Youssef said...

Excellent, Steffanie.

When I was your age (in the late 1600's) I lived for an extended period in the central mountain valleys of Crete - studying the local dialects.

All the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home