Friday, November 25, 2005


When Nguyen Trai, turned into Tay Son Street, another rioting crowd intercepted and made the procession even larger, and then turning right onto Hai Ba Trung Street, we were joined again, from a thousand people coming from the opposite direction. Its impossible to tell from the pictures, but there must have been ten thousand college students in the screaming crowd of motorbikes. I seriously felt like I was in the middle of the 1925 protest of Phan Boi Chau's arrest or in the funeral processtion of Phan Tru Trinh of the same year. Luckily there were no French around shooting into the crowd, like in 1925. Anyways, it took Masato and I a good hour to drive to Finnegan's because of the crazy Vietnamese soccer fans. But I must admit, it was the most exciting drive I've ever taken! Good Luck Vietnam, with tomorrow's game!!! (i'll stay off the streets this time) Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home