Friday, November 25, 2005


Okay, I have to first write the disclaimer/explaination. I know some people out there that may be angry with me, for this and the next picture, but I am not a communist! I love democracy, and I love America. I am risking chastisement by putting these pics up, but I have to...You see, Vietnam right now is participating in something called the SEA games. Its soccer. Vietnam thus far is undefeated. I can not even begin to explain the zeal over here, from this soccer season. Yesterday, Vietnam beat Myammar/Burma. Before that they beat Laos. Tomorrow the Vietnamese team plays Indonesia. Now, I like soccer. Its a cool game. But here, the zeal has gotten to me, and I'm rooting the Vietnamese team on. I try to watch the games, or at least call my Vietnamese friends to tell me the score, and I scream along with the Vietnamese when Vietnam scores. I can't tell you how cool it is to be here in Ha noi during this soccer season. Here, Masato and I are wearing headbands that say "Vietnam * No Competition". I'm so exciting that the Vietnam team is doing so well. This pic is from last night, and we walked around with the headbands, and everyone was screaming at us, in a good way. Complete strangers wanted to take pics with me because they were so happy that an American was rooting on the Vietnamese soccer game for the South East Asian games. People here are crazy. Completely crazy for soccer. It even more of a big deal than the Lakers winning in L.A. is. So, I'm sorry for putting pics up with the communist star, but its seriously only for the soccer, not for the government in any way.  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You communist!

J/K, I think those protests at Little Saigon in 1999 were stupid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home