Monday, October 31, 2005

28 October 2005 Journal Entry

Here I just am retyping what I wrote in my journal on the hike to the village of Ban Ho:

This view is unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. THe sky is grey, and the clouds slowly drift. I'm sitting at a waterfall on one side of the valley, staring across the river at the bottom to the other side of the valley. On my side, and the other, the mountains soar into the clouds, and the view is blurred. You can't see the peaks, or any deliniation between the earth and sky. Dotted on the landscape on the opposite side of the valley are structures. One looks like a school (schools have recognizable and distinguishable structures), and the rest are shacks, situated over perhaps a hundred different levels of the "step agriculture" on the mountainside. It all looks like a painting. Or even a cartoon. The way the slope rises...there is a strange perspective that makes everything look absolutely and unbelievably unreal. The only depressing thing is that there is no way my camera can capture this beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home