Monday, September 19, 2005

A Rainy Day

Vietnamese rain amazes me. Irvine is known to those who know Southern California as the city without weather. Such as one might imagine in The Giver or Pleasantville. It is quite refreshing (and wet!) to find out what real weather is like.

I took an early bus to school today (Vietnam University of Social Sciences-Hanoi) because my group had a meeting with our EAP headmaster (hmmm...what is he actually suppose to be called?), Gerard. I was smart and did not think about bringing an umbrella.

By the time my last class let out, it was pouring raindrops thicker than I've ever seen. Luckily I got a ride home from an EAP amigo, Alex, on his motorbike. Yes, at moments I feared for my life, driving through puddles that could possibly drown us both, but I got home and into dry cloths faster than all of those who took the bus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home